Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Atelier Renovations & More ICR FR

The Atelier is in need of a few renovations.  Our recent plumbing problem required a larger access hole which was, you guessed it, located on the main wall in the Atelier.  Jim is going to make a huge "inspiration board" to cover the hole.  It will be hinged so we can acccess the plumbing if  need be.  I am pleased with this, but since we are working on changing some things in there, I thought I'd paint the walls a new color and try to find the closet craft organizer I saw online a while back.  Do any of you, dear readers, know where to look for them?  I have searched at the home improvement websites and done general searches for craft organizers, but have not found the one I'm thinking of.  It had a couple of adjustable shelves, drawers and even a ribbon organizer to hang on the door.  There were several options you could get to change out to fit your needs.  I'm kicking myself for not pinning it or bookmarking it!

I have played some more with the ICRs with FRs (interlocking chain rings with floating rings). 


This work-in-progress will be a pendant and is tatted using Valdani Luxury Pearl Silk in "Earth" and light cream pearl Ornela seed beads.


Sorry, the light was such I couldn't get a good shot of this one.  It was tatted using Sulky Blendable size 12 quilting cotton in "Summer Grass" and has fancy lime rocaille accents.  This may end up being an earring design.

I am working on another pattern to post tomorrow or Friday- it all depends on how the tatting goes today.  May you have a wonderful day full of tatting fun.  I'm off to the paint section at Lowe's!  Until tomorrow~
Happy Tatting!






7 comments:

  1. Rachel, I just put in "closet organizers" on msn and got them. I went down to the line of photos that used to be images. For some reason on this one, it's called " shopping". Very convenient. There are photos, with information and price on each unit, from different sources. I think I'm going to like this feature.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Casey! I'll look using MSN and see what I can find. There are a lot of closet organizing systems out there and I really want to select one that is affordable and above all, customizable.

      Delete
  2. have an interesting time with the renovations and the organizer.
    I will have to say that normally I am prejudiced against needle tatting, mostly it looks squishy - the extra space in the stitches because the eye of the needle and doubled thread must pass through.
    However, your needle tatting does not. And the effects you can create and have shown lately have made me rethink my opinion of needle tatting.
    Thank you for opening my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words, Ladytats!

      Needle tatting does not have to be loose and "squishy". Using the proper size needle and thread along with maintaining consistant, even stitches make all the difference.

      I can shuttle tat, but am not nearly as proficient with it. The needle provides me with more versatility and design options- but that is ONLY my personal preference. Whatever method appeals to the individual is the "right" one for them.

      Delete
  3. Both are lovely, and the green is gorgeous colour. I can't wait to see what you do next
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Margaret! I hope to get back to tatting this afternoon. Right now I am working on my Lowe's list and hunting down that closet organizing system!

      Delete
  4. Wow, that green one especially is amazing. I don't know anything about needle tatting, but I do love the way you can make such interesting designs.

    ReplyDelete