Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Weekend Recap

I am still recovering from the weekend!  Saturday was my birthday and I spent it with my darlins off-roading.  It was very hot- like about 103F, but the AC in the Jeep works great.  We meandered through the woods for the majority of the day.  There were even a few mudholes to plow through!  Jocelin plucked up her courage and got behind the wheel and drove off-road for the first time.  I am SO proud of her.  She did very well.


Here she is after we splashed through a little mudhole giving the famous two-finger "Jeep wave".  Shortly after this she hopped in the driver seat and took off like a natural!

Jim & Jocie later treated me to dinner at my favorite restaurant and showered me with hugs.
This was the best birthday I've had in years!  Many thanks to all of my tatting friends who kindly sent b-day wishes.  You all helped make my day beyond fantastic.

Sunday was supposed to be a day to kick back & relax, but after a walk in the Piney Woods, my fingers were absolutely itching to tat a couple of ideas that had been bouncing around in my head.  I did this in the morning:


It is a foundation of ICRs with floating rings.  Think I'll expand this into a pendant/brooch.

After a nice lunch, I settled into my chair and tackled the other idea.


Interlocking chain rings with interlocking floating rings!  The above is a prototype ONLY.  It is NOT up to my usual standards concerning execution.  It was a pain to do, but I have a few other ideas on how I can improve and expand this idea.

Whew!  Just thinking about the weekend makes me feel like I need to rest & recover.  But I can't- there is so much I have on my to-do list.  That cameo is still waiting to be dressed.  And there are a number of other projects percolating in the back of my mind.  I need to do some sketching and annotations.  Hope you have a wonderful day doing whatever brings you joy!  Until tomorrow~
Happy Tatting!








4 comments:

  1. Really neat ideas!! :) Can't wait to see all the wonderful things you make with those ideas!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a very fun day.
    Your daughter looks like a really nice gal.
    your tatting is interesting in it's complexity

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belated happy birthday to you.
    I have been learning how to do these interlocking rings like a lot of other tatters, and thank you for your lovely comment, I was very inspired by it, still trying to do the last and finishing ring nut getting there. I looked at these two pictures and first of all wondered how you did them, then reading the middle ring is a chain, at the moment I think it will be a long time before I could even think of trying these type of patterns.
    Every time I read your blog you inspire me further to try more.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Belated Birthday

    Interlocking chain rings with interlocking floating rings looks like alot of fun. It'll be interesting to see where this takes you.

    ReplyDelete