Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Glamour Necklace Beginnings

Yesterday was SO busy!  It seemed to fly by with everything that was on the agenda.  I hardly had any tatting time in the Atelier- which usually makes me very cranky.  Here is a look at some of the beginning tatted components of the "Glamour" necklace I'm working on:


I'm using size 12 Valdani Pearl Cotton in color O 545 (Primitive White).  Accents include Swarovski crystal AB bicones and silver beige Czech seed beads.  More tatting will be added to these components using Valdani Luxury Pearl Silk in S 49 (Subtle Elegance) and a champagne freshwater pearl will be added to the center.  Stay tuned for further progress reports.  This one may take a while!


Jocelin will be starting school next week (her virtual classes start on Monday, regular classroom classes on Friday) and we've been gathering school supplies, buying clothes and getting everything ready.  I thought it was hectic when we homeschooled, but getting a teenager ready for school is WILD!!!

  I must say, the patron saint research has been very interesting.  There are lots of design ideas swirling around in my head and I am doing my best to write everything down in my design journals.

Well, I had better get myself in gear and head to the Atelier.  I plan to tat as much as possible today- hope your day is a great one!  Until tomorrow~
Happy Tatting!


2 comments:

  1. Lovely necklace, can I ask is that a ring and then the interlocking rings join to.
    Hope you don't mind me asking.
    Here in the UK the kids don't go back to school until the first week in September so they have a few more weeks at home yet.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret,

      The motifs begin as a single ring and have subsequent chains tatted and joined to the ds top bars of the ring. It's very simple & easy.

      Delete