Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Shades of Bark Brooch

Here is a sneak peek at an original piece from my upcoming Camo Couture collection:


This piece began with a vintage Juliana rhinestone brooch and was enhanced with a couple of outer rounds of tatting in size 8 Valdani Pearl Cotton (color O 548) followed by a ring of champagne colored freshwater pearls and tatting using Valdani Luxury Pearl Silk in S 780.  "Shades" will be available in the Atelier shoppe in late September, along with all of the other original OOAK pieces in the Camo Couture collection.

Many thanks to the readers who kindly provided me with some wonderful links about patron saints!  I am in the process of researching the saints and hunting for antique/vintage/unusual patron saint religious medals to incorporate into an upcoming design collection.  If anyone has any suggestions or comments, I always welcome them!

On the agenda today: more work on a special project, blogversary plotting & planning, patron saint research, networking with my antique dealer friends & pattern writing.  Hope your day is full of tatting enjoyment!  Until tomorrow~
Happy Tatting!




5 comments:

  1. You create such beautiful brooches! I have some that would benefit greatly from similar embellishment, but I'm not a needle tatter, and I don't have your imagination. I just look at my brooches and wonder where to begin! Please keep sharing pictures of your pieces. I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous gorgeous brooch, I don't know how you create such wonderful items. You are inspiration to me
    Have a nice day tatting
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many thanks for sharing this gorgeous brooch with us, your work is fantastic
    Hugs
    Joy in OZ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your piece is already beautiful on its own, Rachel! Those pearls around the brooch made it look lovelier. I guess this is a perfect gift to someone very special. Congratulations! :)

    Jeffry Pullam

    ReplyDelete