Monday, August 20, 2012

Weekend Ramblings

Good morning, dear readers!  I hope you had an enjoyable weekend.  Other than battling a major sinus headache, mine was rather peaceful and somewhat productive.

Remember those gorgeous bronze mums Jim gave me last week?  I rolled my large thread cart to the porch on Saturday and sifted through my Valdani pearl cottons.  One was very close to the color of my mums- O 217.  And it has the most wonderful name- "Yummy Pumpkin"!  Anyway, I pulled out a ball of this color and tatted this motif:


I will expand this motif into a larger pendant and post the end result later in the week.  The Swarovski bicones I need to finish it are still on order and are supposed to be here Monday or Tuesday.  Let's keep our fingers crossed that they actually arrive as they were originally scheduled for delivery last week!

I did get a little bit more done on the Glamour necklace, a touch more on the mystery project, and am playing with a potential free earring pattern.  Thanks to the sinus headache, I did not get as much done as I had hoped, but at least I did manage to get a fair amount accomplished.

Have you left a comment on the Blogversary Celebration Giveaway post?  The winners- all 3 of them- will be announced on the blog Wednesday, August 29th, 2012.  Be sure to let me know which prize package you like best & good luck!

Well, I need to put my running shoes on, take Jocie to school, go for a run with the dogs and head to the Atelier.  Hope you have a great day full of tatting enjoyment.  Until tomorrow~
Happy Tatting!



 

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I'm thinking I might need to learn how to wield a needle. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous thread colour, looking forward to seeing how it works out.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete