Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Preparing for a Huricane

Good morning, dear readers.
 
It seems as though Louisiana is in for another huricane.  Isaac is heading our way.  Fortunately, I live in the northern part of Louisiana, so all we will probably get is lots of rain, some high winds and perhaps a flash flood in some areas.  I hope that those who live in the south Louisiana are safe and do not suffer much damage.
 
I did not get a whole lot done in the Atelier yesterday as I was concerned about the huricane and wanted to prepare for whatever may be heading our way.  I did get the next round done on the acorn inspired motif:
 
 
I went back and tatted another round underneath the ICR foundation.  The next step will be to add additional rounds to the outer swirls.
 
I did manage to get all of the beautiful white mums Jim gave me potted.  They are so pretty- I hope the coming storm won't shred them to pieces!
 
 
Doesn't this inspire you to tat something frothy and fluffy?  It makes me want to tat a piece with tons of picots.
 
This is the last day to leave a comment on the Blogversary Celebration Giveaway post!  Winners will be announced tomorrow- good luck.
 
Well, I have got to check my emergency supplies and do a grocery store run.  Have a great day and be sure to check the blog tomorrow to see who the lucky giveaway winners are.  Until then~
Happy Tatting!
 
 
 
 


4 comments:

  1. Hi Rachel
    I hope you stay safe and don't get too much of the hurricane.
    Take care
    Hugs Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be safe! Here is hoping that Isaac is quiet and respectful and does no damage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stay safe up there. I am here in the South (Calcasieu Parish) praying that we do not get much from Isaac. I sure do hope that those in New Orleans and surrounding areas stay safe and that damage is min.

    ReplyDelete
  4. good luck with the weather.
    stay safe and have fun tatting.

    ReplyDelete