Friday, August 10, 2012

Back Views

As requested:


Here is the back side of some of my pieces- 2 circle style brooches and 2 cameos.


This is the flip side of the "Shades of Bark" brooch featured earlier this week.
Working in between navettes is easy.  One can really cinch the work in neatly with practice.


This is the back side of "Eustacia".  As she has an exceptionally tightly spaced filligree rope setting, it was difficult to add beads and tatting to her in the initial rounds.  It took a number of hours to dress this lady!

For those who were curious, I hope this helps you better visualize how to add accents to vintage brooches.  I look forward to hearing from those who give it a go!

This is going to be a CRAZY day for me!!!  I'm taking Jocelin and her best friend (who is also her cousin) out for a day of shopping and "fun".  They will shop 'til I drop and probably make the pizza joint regret their "all-you-can-eat" lunch buffet.  Wish me luck and patience as I face the day.  I plan to pick up the last few goodies for the blogversary prizes today, too. 

Be sure to check back this weekend for the blogversary announcement!

Well, I am off to the Atelier before the insanity begins.  Until this weekend~
Happy Tatting!









3 comments:

  1. Thanks Rachel, seeing the back does help. I was having trouble visualizing how you were attaching your tatting.

    thanks for showing us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rachel seeing the back and how much work you really put into each item. It must take hours to do each one.
    Have a nice weekend,
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Those are some very tight tatting tricks... One can really see the necessary skills involved in the construction of your wonderful broaches. Not for the faint-hearted!

    Thanks, Rachel,
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete