Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Pearl Brooch

The last of the auction items I won arrived today!  Here is an image of the beautiful cultured pearl circle brooch:


A couple of the pearls do not match as closely as they should, but that makes no difference to me.
It is mounted in a lovely vintage 12K rolled gold filled setting and is ready to be dressed up with some of my favorite Valdani Luxury Pearl Silk.


As you can see, it will be easy to add tatting to the brooch by joining in between the pearls.  Guess this will be another one of my weekend projects.

Well, I had been working on making more display boards, but there is a problem.  The belt on the table saw drive shredded and needs to be replaced.  I have to get Jim to change it out with a new belt before any new backing hardboard can be cut to finish out the displays.  I'll post images of them as soon as they are complete.  At least the foamcore boards are all covered and waiting to be secured in their frames.

I spent most of the morning working on a new pattern to share with you soon.  It should be done later in the week.  I'll get it up either this weekend or very early next week, so stay tuned for some new eye candy!

The cameos are calling me back to the Atelier, so until tomorrow~
Happy Tatting!






No comments:

Post a Comment