Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Parrish Pendant

The remainder of the ball of Valdani size 8 pearl cotton in M24 was calling to me to make a pendant.  Again, it was inspired by the artwork of Maxfield Parrish.  This is the result:


It began as an interlocking chain ring foundation and was expanded with subsequent rounds of tatting.  Accents are: size 11 Czech silver-lined seed beads in sky blue; an antique, carved, MOP shell button; and a 6mm sky blue Swarovski bicone bead.  This pendant will be placed on the vintage silver "gift tree" I keep just inside the hallway by my front door each Christmas.  Guests to my home are asked to take a piece with them when they leave after a holiday visit.

Well, dear readers, I have been busy sifting through my various thread, bead, button and fabric cabinets for items to use in the giveaway event.  In my opinion, this next one will be a "lou-lou"!  Look for the announcement along with all the details in tomorrow's post.

Jocelin and I have lots of household chores to take care of today, so we'd better get busy.  I'll finish rounding up goodies for the giveaway event this afternoon and take images shortly thereafter.  May you have a simply fantastic day doing whatever makes your soul sing!  Until tomorrow~
Happy Tatting!




2 comments:

  1. Beautiful as always. And I love the idea of the Gift Tree. What a wonderful thing!

    ReplyDelete