Thursday, May 17, 2012

Junquing Treasure

After picking the kid up from school early today, we went junquing.  For those of you, dear readers, who do not know what it is, junquing is when you go to antique/junque (junk) shops and hunt for treasures.  We had a ball and I found a treasure for the Atelier!



Isn't this antique printer's tray perfect for organizing my buttons and antique brooches?  It is in excellent shape and was a bargain.  This tray is heavy and very well made.  It can withstand the abuse it will receive in my Atelier.

I found a few other little goodies that need to be cleaned and restored before I share them with you.  One may even be part of an upcoming giveaway event!


A selection of Valdani Luxury Pearl Silk- my favorite thread!

Dear readers, if any of you are in the Kansas City, Missouri, area this weekend, be sure to go to the International Spring Quilt Market and stop by Valdani's booth.  They are featuring some of my artwork at this show and will have a fabulous display of all of their sumputous threads.  Pick up a few balls of thread for yourself and enjoy all the eyecandy!

Well, I am off to clean the tray and perhaps I'll figure out where I'll put the thing.  Have a great day & until tomorrow~
Happy Tatting!



1 comment:

  1. That is a treasure...now I have the urge to go hunting through the shops here, perhaps my daughter will accompany me as well...she loves to collect vintage hankies and miniature vases and so is a fun companion on such journeys as well.

    ReplyDelete