Thursday, July 5, 2012

Back to the Drawing Board

I am quite disgusted at the moment- the vintage faux pearl brooch I was working on has shown why I rarely work with "costume" pearls.  One of the pearls has slightly chipped it's shell and it is now in a box to the side of my chair awaiting for my decision as to what I will do with it.  I had almost finished the brooch- over 15 hours of tatting had gone into it- when the notorious chip occured.  Since I will not sell the piece, I believe I may finish it, keep it for myself and perhaps hunt out some golden hued cultured pearls to replace the faux ones.  The trick will be to remove the faux ones without damaging the tatting, then replacing them with the cultured pearls.  That is a project I will tackle after I get the Romance of the Piney Woods collection launched.

I did take some time to play with the Swarovski pearls and crystals yesterday.  Here is what I did:


Today's tatting will include accenting the above pin and working on an Eternity pendant.

It is already getting hot & humid, so I think I'll pour myself some mint iced tea & mosey on into the Atelier.  Have a fabulous day & until tomorrow~
Happy Tatting!




1 comment:

  1. What a pity the pearl clipped at least you can have a brooch for yourself, these happen for a reason of corse it does help you for all the effort and time,

    Can you please send some heat over the pond in exchange for some rain

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete