Monday, July 2, 2012

Revamping Another Brooch

It is still sweltering down here in the Piney Woods!  At least I did get some tatting done this weekend.  Here is one of the pieces I worked on:


This brooch is a rare vintage Hamilton & Hamilton piece.  The mounting is sterling silver and is fantastic for adding tatting!  I normally turn my snobby nose up at faux pearls, but this piece was really exceptional.  I hope my additions improve and enhance it further.


The above image is of 3 layers of tatting, forming the base around the pearls.  More rounds of outer tatting will be added to finish fleshing out the piece.  It will be available on the Atelier website for purchase on July 13th!

Well, I do not know how much tatting I will get done today.  There is so much that I have got to do in the yard & garden.  The last of the blueberries need to be picked, along with figs, corn, turnips, purple hull peas, butterbeans, squash & okra. Then I'll need to put all of it up.  As hot as it is going to be, I do NOT look forward to doing all this, but it has to be done.  May you have a wonderful day- I'm off to the garden.  Until tomorrow~
Happy Tatting!






2 comments:

  1. I am enjoying watching you "revamp" the brooches. Each one is turning out so nice, I do hope your keeping some for yourself.

    ReplyDelete