Monday, December 31, 2012

Pre-New Year Cleaning

Good morning, dear readers!
 
I have been dragging my feet today.  Not with the cleaning bit- I've done 3 loads of clothes and have been attacking the piles of design journals and notebooks next to my tatting chair and those in the Atelier.  With the New Year fast approaching I thought I'd better pick up & organize the mess before to moving forward with newer design works and ideas.  The blog almost slipped my mind as I was concentrating so hard on how to best catagorize my notes.
 
How do you plan to ring in the New Year?  I plan to be in the Piney Woods by a roaring campfire next to my husband.  He will be grilling for us later today- venison steaks, chicken breasts, and hot links.  I'll add to the meats he grills today for our New Year's Day dinner.  Cornbread, purple hull peas, collard greens, and a homemade poundcake are on my to-do list.  The other thing on my list is to finish the little design I'm working on for New Year's Day.  It may be a little later, but I WILL post on January 1st!
 
Well, I had better get back to the cleaning.  Have a wonderful New Year's Eve- stay safe and ring it in responsibly!  Until 2013~
Happy Tatting!


2 comments:

  1. Happy new year

    We are not going out and staying in, in fact we are going to bed, last year we stayed up and look at the bad year we had, so if we go to bed and see it in we might have a better year.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a great last year! but we too are staying in, we are taking care of our sick granddaughter, she has the flu and we have already taken her into the hospital at the beginning of the weekend with a high fever, just burning up... she is finally starting to get better, and we aren't going to jinx it :D

    It sounds like you are going to have a wonderful New Years evening! Happy Holidays )

    ReplyDelete