Thursday, December 27, 2012

Planning

Good morning, dear readers!
 
I was so busy planning projects, playing with potential website updates/upgrades and such that I almost forgot to do today's post.  It is my hope to get a bunch of patterns with links posted to the FREE pattern page on the blog before the New Year, and to update the Piney Woods Atelier website.  All of my one-of-a-kind pieces are now unavailable.  I plan to tat more OOAK pieces and expand my lines.  An Etsy store is in consideration, but I am not sure if that is the way for me.  I do like my exclusivity and worry about knock-offs.
 
Something else I just realized- 2013 will be my 20th year offering OOAK couture tatting!!!  WOW- have I really been at it this long?!?  Perhaps I shall offer something special later in the year to celebrate.  Something like a OOAK piece giveaway event... what do you think?  Would this idea be well received?  You know, I thought the same thing over 20 years ago when I did a special set of tatting for a bride- my first bit of true couture tatting.  Wish I had images I could share of it.  I did a large tatted motif embellished with pearls and crystals that was sewn onto the bodice of her wedding gown, along with veil accents and a keepsake motif for her bouquet.  It was very well received and started me off in the same direction as my grandmothers.
 
Many thanks to all who have voted in the poll!  Please be sure to do so if you've not already and let me know what sort of goodies you'd like to see on the blog.
 
Well, I am going back to my webserver and looking into more upgrades for the Atelier.  Hopefully, I'll get in a couple of hours of tatting time this afternoon.  There are several projects I'm preparing for 2013 that need some attention.  Have a great day & until tomorrow~
Happy Tatting!


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on entering your 20th year! Karen in Or

    ReplyDelete