Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Oh, dear...

Dear readers,
 
Late last night my blog was bombed with several spam postings in the comment sections.  I have spent the morning cleaning up and deleting these offensive postings.  Allow me to express my apologies for these occurances.  If this happens again, I will adjust my settings so that ALL comments must be approved prior to posting.  I really do not want to do this, as it impedes interaction with my readers.
 
To those who had the audacity to leave inappropriate links and suggestions on my blog- I WILL NOT TOLERATE IT!  My readers are precious to me and do not deserve to see such things on this blog.  Please move on to other venues where your so called "offerings" are welcomed- they most certainly are NOT welcome here.
 
Again, dear readers, my apologies for the delay in tatting goodness.  I have several works-in-progress to share with you soon.  Have a great day & until tomorrow~
Happy Tatting!
 

5 comments:

  1. Well said, I am working on the Crabtree bogs for kristi and have had several on there today, these people who have nothing better to do than waste time leaving silly remarks make me sick too.
    Margaret
    Ps and if those who left the comments are reading this don't bother to come to my blog either

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, I had this happen on a foxfire blogsite when I was over there. That's the reason I am on blogger now. I do have the hold until approved. I don't have the foolishness where the commenter has to jump through hoops with word fill-ins.

    I still get plenty of comments and I simply approve the comments when ready to read. Works well.

    Good luck with sorting this out! I just don't understand people that make comments like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Heavens, I'm glad I missed them. Trolls are horrible. There are just some people in the world who get a kick out of making nasty, argumentative, or plain old offensive statements.

    To counter this invasion I'll say thank you for sharing your tatted treasures and kind thoughts with the world. Thank you for putting yourself out there and trying to make the world just a little better and brighter.

    I'm a maker of "frivolous" things and I'm proud of that; we make the world worth being in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just read your blog, and I am so sorry that you had to waste precious time "cleaning up" - especially at this busy time of the year.
    Rosemarie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been experiencing the same thing lately. I keep trying different approaches with the comment permissions. It's so annoying.

    ReplyDelete