Thursday, November 17, 2011

Valdani Christmas Motif #1, Part Two

Winner of the Piney Woods Harvest Event:
Bree !
Congratulations!  Contact me to claim your goodies.

After a quick jaunt to the local Hobby Lobby (which is a little ways away), I returned home and got the two final chain rounds completed on the motif:


The last two chain rounds have the same count and are placed 1 on each side of the previously tatted work.  Remember to cut off a good portion of thread to weave the chains.  A little hint- I use a second needle to help move my working thread about as I am tatting.  The counts are:

+ through top cap to the left of previously worked chains, CH 9 followed by 5 graduated picots 9 CL + to the next corresponding spot,  pull working thread through & continue around motif, tie & cut.

+ through top cap to the right of previously worked chains, CH 9 followed by 5 graduated picots 9 CL + to the next corresponding spot, pull working thread through & continue around motif, tie & cut.

This will position the chains with picots close to each other to provide a little "fluff".
Feel free to experiment with different size picots, or adjust the stitch count and omit the picots.  Just have fun!

For the last step, I used the two thread ends in the center of the interlocking chain-ring foundation to anchor the antique Czech glass button.  Pull the threads through to the back of the motif, tie & cut.  For extra security I placed a tiny dab of E6000 on the knot.

Since I replenished my bead & jingle bell supply, I hope to finish the wreath motif variations that are in progress & share them with you tomorrow.  Until then~
Happy Tatting!



4 comments:

  1. Love the Christmas motif, and congrats, Bree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely I like the way you put the bells in, I am away for two weeks see you when I get back,
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found this pattern for the Motif I won in the drawing. Here is hoping I'm as smart as you and can figure it out. I love the little bells you put in this...so cute!

    ReplyDelete