Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Preparing for Thanksgiving

I have been busy getting ready for Thanksgiving.  The kitchen is a mess- pots, pans and such are scattered everywhere as I've been preparing our goodies for tomorrow.

I did sit down for a few minutes this morning and tatted this:


It is a pendant tatted with Valdani Luxury Pearl Silk in color # S541 "Mauve Orchid" and is accented with a dyed fushia freshwater pearl, size 11/0 Czech seed beads in "purple/aqua" and 4mm lavender Swarovski bicones.  The center is an interlocking chain-ring foundation of 6.  This piece is a gift for an exchange partner.  I hope the recipient will be pleased!

The only other tatting I've done today has been to refurbish and repair some ornaments that have been in the family for many years.  I hope to get back to my Christmas designwork this evening.  Perhaps I shall have some new motifs to share with you soon and you just might want to be on the lookout for the first of my Christmas giveaways!

Well, I had better check on the pies in the oven- they smell like they are close to being done.  May you have a wonderful Thanksgiving filled with all that makes your heart sing!  Until tomorrow~
Happy Tatting!



6 comments:

  1. In a few short months that you have blogged, I have to tell what an awesome job you have done. I love your work and I so enjoy all you have done to share with the rest of the world. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. Thanks again and I am looking forward to a wonderful year ahead to viewing your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pendant - like the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunningly beautiful pendant. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
    Rosemarie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another beautiful piece of work. Your ideas are breath taking. So clever. Now for me to try and figure out how it's done.....wish me luck! Thanks for sharing all you work with us....

    ReplyDelete