Thursday, September 6, 2012

Vintage Brooch Enhancement, Part 1

Good morning!  Yesterday was SO HOT!!!  It was not a good day to try to tat outside on the front porch.  After moving inside to my comfy chair, I piddled with the pine cone brooch.  This was the first try:
 
 
I have since removed the first foundation round and am adjusting my counts so that the tatting fits the brooch better.  This was mainly to see if my general idea would work- it does, but needs tweaking.  I love the turquoise Swarovski bicones.  They seem to enhance the brooch stones nicely.
 
There was a surprise in my mailbox from a dear friend who owns an antique business.  She thought I might could do something with this:
 
 
The enclosed note read: "Now here is a vintage pin with PLENTY of places for you to anchor tatting to!  Knock yourself out!"
Gee, do you think there was a bit of sarcasm in that note???
Thank you for the gift of the lovely pin, BethAnne!  I will see what I can do.
 
Here is a closer view:
 
 
So, any ideas?  What color/type of thread and accents should I use to bling out this one?  Feel free to leave comments or email me with ideas.  This piece is NOT one I would have chosen, but does have potential.
 
Today is going to be a cleaning day.  The Atelier is a bit strown and messy.  I hate it when I have to spend all day to find what I want to work with, then have very little time to actually tat before something else demands my attention.  I'm sure you all know how that can be.  I hope to get the foundation rounds done on the pine cone brooch and will be awaiting any suggestions you care to throw my way concerning the flower pin.  Have a great day & until Friday~
Happy Tatting!
 
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. I think a multi colour thread with bright colours, I think you might be going yuck but it's got such lovely colours in the middle that they need to be shown around the outside.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete