Thursday, September 13, 2012

The Next MOP Project

Good morning, dear readers!
 
I am in the process of re-doing the next round on the blue MOP piece.  The counts were off and just did not work out to my satisfaction.  That will be my major project today, but I have rounded up materials for the next MOP piece:
 
 
I have had this carved Mother of Pearl piece for a while and just adore it.  It will be enhanced with tatting using Valdani Luxury Pearl Silk in S 9 "Herb Garden", some light green Swarovski bicones and olive green dyed freshwater pearls.  The image is not as good as I'd like, but it is darker in the mornings now.  Guess I'll have to make it a point to take images in the afternoon late the day before or set up the photography light system in the Atelier.
 
I am still looking for a hot cocoa mug.  There are so many wonderful ones on Etsy!  I love greens and blues for my mugs and just cannot make up my mind.  If I can't decide which one I want maybe I should just buy several!!!  Really, I just want one trusty mug, but Jim says I should consider two so I have a back up.
 
Well, I am off to the Atelier.  That darn blue piece had better co-operate today.  Hope you have a wonderful day & until Friday~
Happy Tatting!
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Lovely piece of mother of pearl. Look forward to seeing what you do with it.
    One mug or two, you made me laugh, I would go for the set make it six!
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete