Monday, September 17, 2012

Tatting in Humid Weather

Good morning!
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  Mine was okay. 
Louisiana Tech won their first home game of the year. Jim & Jocie were very pleased.  While they were at the game, I was indulging in a spa evening at home.  It was nice to take time to pamper myself- I do so love my big garden tub!  After soaking I decided to go ahead and order a couple of mugs for my hot cocoa.  They should arrive within the next week or so.  Thank you kindly, dear readers, for your many suggestions!
 
The tatting did not go as well this weekend as it was SO humid.  Don't get me wrong- I am a life-long resident of the Deep South and know how to handle humid weather, but it is NOT condusive to tatting with silk.  Tatting with cotton when it's humid like this is okay, but the silk does not slide off the needle smoothly and I get frustrated quickly.  Still, I did manage to tat this:
 
 
I used Valdani Luxury Pearl Silk in "Herb Garden" with 3mm Swarovski bicones and antique beige Czech seed beads.  The foundation is composed of 8 ICRs.  I am considering what to put in the center- a pearl, Swarovski crystal bead, an antique shell button or a small art glass button are among the options.  Additional interlocking chains and overtatting will be added after I decide which direction to take this motif.
 
This is going to be a very hectic week, dear readers- please bear with me.  My dad is scheduled to have surgery Tuesday morning, so  I may be rather distracted.  It is nothing major- simply rotator cuff surgery.  Please keep him in your thoughts/prayers and let's hope he heals quickly!
 
I'm off to the Atelier to get more tatting done.  Perhaps I'll have something interesting to share with you tomorrow.  Have a geat day & until tomorrow~
Happy Tatting!
 
 


2 comments: