Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Piney Woods Christmas Doily, Part One

I tatted a Christmas doily this weekend while camping in the Piney Woods.  Over the next few days, I will post images and counts for your Christmas tatting pleasure.

You will need a size 7 tatting needle and 1 ball each of Valdani size 8 pearl cotton in colors M43 & M41 for the foundation motif.


Using M43 and working off the ball, tat a motif of 12 Rs & CHs with the following counts:
R 5-5 (3 graduated picots, sm, med, sm) 5-5 CL RW
CH 7 (5 graduated picots, sm, med, lg, med, sm) 7 CL RW
R 5+5 (3 graduated picots) 5-5 CL RW
Continue tatting for a total of 12 Rs & CHs. Join last CH to base of 1st R, tie & cut, hide ends.
Now, onto the "accent tatting" round:


Using M41 and working off the ball, thread needle and run needle through joining - of any previously tatted R.  Tat as follows around motif:
CH 12 CL + to next joining picot.  At last CH, tie & cut, hide ends.

Round two will be featured on tomorrow's post. 

Have you done all of your Christmas shopping?  I am mostly through, although I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of a few items.  A store owner friend of mine had to special order a little something or two for my husband.  I hope it all arrives in time!

Well, I am off to the kitchen to bake more edible Christmas goodies.  Have a great day & until tomorrow~
Happy Tatting!





1 comment:

  1. You never cease to make me smile! I love the your work and thank you sooooo much for the written out pattern!

    ReplyDelete