Thursday, December 29, 2011

Bracelet Motif

We accomplished most of what we wanted to this morning, but I still have a couple more things to do before settling down to some theraputic tatting for the New Year.  Hopefully, I will be able to nestle into my comfy recliner and pick up the needles again this evening.

Here is one of the projects I'm working on:


As you can see, I am on a designing kick with this size 12 Valdani pearl cotton in M47 "Robin's Nest".  This little motif will be linked with several others to form a bracelet.  I am not sure if I have enough pearls for the centers of the motifs, but that is easily remedied with a trip to the bead shop.  Three down so far and 3 or 4 more to go.  They will all be tatted separately then joined together with additional tatting and beads.

Another project I'm working on is a pair of earrings in this same thread.  I did not like the playing I did last night and cut it up into little tiny jiblets.  Maybe I'll have better luck this evening.

DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE A COMMENT ON THE CHRISTMAS DAY POST AND/OR MONDAY'S POST!!!
This is your last chance to get into the running for the prototype pendant and journal giveaway as the winner will be selected tomorrow morning.  Good luck!!!

It's time for me to get off my duff and tackle the laundry and chores that have got to be done before I have any tatting fun.  Until tomorrow~
Happy Tatting!



2 comments:

  1. Rachel, the lovely motifs you design and tat baffles me. How do you make them? I'm so totally hopeless even trying to tat chains that overlay one another, if that's the right lingo. Great feat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Rachel, The second I saw this motif, it reminded me of your "celtic" earrings at Ring of Tatters. Any chance of getting the pattern for the earrings?
    Rosemarie

    ReplyDelete