Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Olde West Inspiration

Olde West Inspiration
Good afternoon, dear readers!
I am feeling much better today.  Jocelin and I ran errands this morning in preparation for the 4th of July holiday.  Jim has several days off work, so perhaps we can get some things accomplished around the house & yard.  I certainly hope to get in some serious design time in the Atelier!
 
The blog theme for July is Olde West Inspiration.  The Olde American West is a special love of mine.  My favorite movie is Lonesome Dove, and I dearly love to read Louis L'Amour, Zane Grey & Larry McMurtry.  It is always a thrill to happen up on old sepia toned pictures from that era.  Over the holiday, I plan to watch all of the Lonesome Dove movies along with some John Wayne movies and the Sacketts
 
I am in the process of designing a new couture tatting collection inspired by the Olde West.  There will be quite a number of OOAK pieces and a few FREE patterns based upon them.  The thread used for these pieces will be Valdani Luxury Pearl Silks in "Muddy Bark", "Wheat Husk", "Subtle Elegance", "Icy Leaves", and several other VLPS in earth tones.  Accents will include antique cameos, intaglios, cultured pearls, Swarovskis, and Czech seed beads.  Blog posts this month will feature images of a few of the works-in-progress and a couple of FREE patterns.
 
Well, I am off to get supper prepared so we can settle down to watch part one of Lonesome Dove this evening.  May you have a wonderful Independence Day full of freedom and happiness!  Until FRIDAY~
Happy Tatting!


1 comment:

  1. sounds interesting.
    I love Louis Lamoure, I have all of his books including his poetry book Smoke From This Altar.

    ReplyDelete