Monday, July 8, 2013

Back to a Normal Routine

Olde West Inspiration
Good afternoon, dear readers!
We had a wonderful Independence Day & long weekend.  Jim really knocked our socks off with his grilling skills!  The meats and veggies were all so delicious.  And our play time in the Jeep was a blast!  It was difficult to get up and going this morning.  None of us wanted to go back to our regular daily routines.  Oh, well...
 
Here is an image of one of the little pendants I tatted whilst watching Lonesome Dove:
 
 
I used Sulky 12 weight thread and light cream pearl Ornella seed beads.  The center accents will be a Swarovski rondelle with a single seed bead atop it.
 
And here is one of my favorite little nifty gadgets:
 
 
I purchased this needle minder at the Stitcher's Workshop in Norphlet, Arkansas.  Be sure to visit Pat's shop soon as she will be closing in August.
 
This afternoon I will be working on another pendant idea that has been bouncing around in my head.  I hope to get more tatting done this afternoon and evening than I did this morning- Rosie Fey's wild Catahouligan switch was flipped and she wore me out!  Guess I'd better get busy.  May you have a great day & until tomorrow~
Happy Tatting!
 
 


5 comments:

  1. That's beautiful! I love the intricate weaving. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing with us the good things you do! I only recently discovered tatting needle and you're already a great source of inspiration ... good tatting to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rachel, I love the pendant. Could you please let me know if it is your own design or which pattern you used to make it. Thank you. Clyde

    ReplyDelete