Monday, April 15, 2013

Playing with Sulky Thread

Pearls & Lace
Good afternoon, dear readers!
We had a fantastic weekend celebrating Jim's birthday!  And Jocelin thinks she did well on the ACT exam.  Saturday & Sunday were full of fun family activities.  The weather co-operated and was just gorgeous.
 
I did manage to get the thread cabinets cleaned out and the culled thread now has new homes.  I will be mailing the thread to the recipients later this week- when I head into town.
 
One of the main threads I'm keeping is Sulky 12 wt. quilting cotton.  The Blendables shades are lovely variegateds that tat up well.  The solids have a nice sheen and tat up equally as well.  Here is a small chocolate colored Sulky motif I tatted this morning:
 
 
This little motif will be expanded and a tiny button pearl center accent added.  So, what do you think?  Have any of you out there found any other neat threads you'd recommend?  I love to try new threads, but tend to go back to my favorites- Valdani Luxury Pearl Silks, Valdani Pearl Cottons & Sulky 12 wt.  Caron Wildflowers is nice, too, along with the Dinky Dyes pearl cottons.
 
Well, I am off to the Atelier to play with the Sulky 12 wt. thread until Jim comes home from work.  Have a great day & until tomorrow~
Happy Tatting!
 
 


3 comments: