Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Chore Day

Pearls & Lace
Good afternoon, dear readers!
With all the garden work we did this weekend, I was woefully behind on our laundry.  I have spent an exciting day washing, hanging out, ironing and putting up laundry.  At least I will have clean, fresh towels for my beauty bath this evening!
 
There are still a couple of thread cabinets left to be culled and I plan to work on them this afternoon.  Perhaps I will be able to sort through the culled thread, organize it by color and type & take some images for posting on FB.  I realize that there really is no such thing as too much tatting thread, but I have a small in-house Atelier and a tatting shanty- which means limited storage space.  I am loving tatting with Valdani Luxury Pearl Silks and plan to use it a lot.  Their pearl cotton is nice, too, but my favorite thread is the VLPS!  I need more room for my silks.
 
Jim is looking into making a nice set of handcarved and dovetailed thread cabinets with drawers customized for the silk spools.  I can't wait to see what he comes up with in his preliminary sketches.
 
Well, I have a couple more pairs of jeans to press over & put up before I tackle those last thread cabinets.  Have a great day & until tomorrow~
Happy Tatting!


No comments:

Post a Comment