Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Lavender Silk

As I mentioned yesterday, the Valdani Luxury Pearl Silk was tempting me!


This is what I am currently working on.  I don't know if it will be a pendant, a hair ornament or if it will morph into a larger doily piece.  The color I'm using is S208 "Forgotten Lavender".  The photo does not do it justice.  The Akoya pearl in the center picks up its lovely luster as do the Swarovski bicones.  I'll try to get a better image when I finish it.


This is how it started- just a simple motif of 6 interlocking chain-rings with Swarovski bicone accents that were later joined with a chain row.  Very easy to do.  The Valdani silk is such a pleasure to tat with!  While it is silk and does want to curl and slide some, it has a wonderfully tight twist that produces even, clean stitches. 

Okay, I admit it- I am a thread snob.  I love thread but am VERY discerning when it comes to what I prefer to tat and stitch with.  Valdani is one of my favorites and it keeps impressing me.  I am toying with the idea of ordering some of the Valdani silk embroidery floss and doing a mixed fiber art piece of embroidery & tatting.  What do you think?

Well, I had better wrap this up and get it posted.  Since I played this morning, I have to use this afternoon for mundane housework and the like.  Never fear- I am planning to play some this evening and hope to have something beautiful to share with you tomorrow.

Until then~
Happy Tatting!




1 comment: