Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Acorn Project

I started a new project today.  It was inspired by the large white oak acorns my daughter loves to find in the woods.  I have found the perfect colors for this project- Valdani size 8 pearl cotton in colors  M1000 "Lime Sand" and  O178 "Tead Dyed Stone".  Pictured below are the materials I've gathered:
The spoon in the center was carved by my husband.  It's a Welsh love spoon.  And yes, it was carved out of a solid block of wood.  Talented, isn't he?!?
Here is the beginning of the piece:
And the second round:
We are finally getting some Fall temperatures around here.  It has been wet, damp and cool all day.  That means my finger joints have been giving me fits.  I was not able to tat as much as I would have liked.  Still, I made a fair start on this project and on another project using the beautiful bronze thread featured in yesterday's post.  I'll take images of that one and share at a later date.

Don't forget about the October Piney Woods Event!  October 24th is the deadline to follow the blog and be entered.  The winner will be selected October 25th!  Just click on the google "Join this Site" button- it's that easy!

I think I will go and make myself a nice cup of hot cocoa then get back to the tatting needles!
Until tomorrow~
Happy Tatting!

5 comments:

  1. That spoon is sooooo beautiful!!!! So much talent in one house!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your start is looking very nice, and that's a wonderful spoon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a gorgeous spoon, he is very talented to make that. Your beginnings to your new project look good,

    Its getting colder here too, and the forcast says a frost tonight, the first one of the season
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been inspired by your projects with the Valdani thread.....however, I went to the site to order some threads and EVERY varigated colorway I wanted to order was sold out in size 8!!!!

    ReplyDelete