Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Valdani Samplings

I have continued playing with the new threads purchased from Valdani.  I must say that I am really loving the way these variegated colors tat up! 
The above was tatted with color #M47 Robin's Nest, size 12 pearl cotton.  It is a foundation for a larger doily that will be featured at a later date.

 What makes Valdani so special is that it is COLORFAST- guaranteed!!!  Don't get me wrong- I do love hand dyed thread, but I have had some really bad experiences with the dyes not being set properly.  Then I have had some fabulous experiences- Yarnplayer's threads are just magnificent!  I am sure there are many others out there who create wonderful hand dyed thread, but I really am in love with the Valdani pearl cottons.
Here is another motif-in-progress using color #M78 "Copper Leaf" in size 8.  Isn't this a wonderful Autumn color combo?  I still have several other colors I'm playing with and will have more little samples posted soon for your viewing pleasure along with some simple patterns.

There is a small problem that needs tending to- I need more pearls and Swarovskis that go with these new threads, so I am off to the bead store tomorrow with my aunt.  Let's hope she can keep me out of trouble this time!  Who knows what goodies and such I will have to show you tomorrow!!!

If anyone has ideas for the October Piney Woods Give Away Event, please let me know.  I have received a few and am mulling it over.  I will announce the next event on Friday, so be sure to let your voice be heard.

I'm off to make my list of needed beads & baubles so until tomorrow~
Happy Tatting!

1 comment:

  1. Bead shopping! I haven't been to a bead shop in over a year! My pocketbook says thank you, but my bead need is screaming. Maybe it's good we moved three hours away........happy shopping.

    ReplyDelete