Friday, September 23, 2011

Finished Lollipop

Here is the finished Lollipop pendant/motif.
You will need a 6mm Swarovski "Rosaline" colored pearl and 8 turquoise seed beads.  Thread your needle and cut off a fair amount of thread.  Run needle through any bead in the center of motif leaving about 12- 15" of thread for future use, string pearl & center, run needle through opposite bead.  After you have done this, proceed to add 1 seed bead in between each bead of the foundation round.  Do not cut the thread.  Run the needle through the beads to cinch up the beadwork.  The seed beads will not be visible so you just need to make sure the pearl is secure.  Run the needle out close to the thread tail and tat a bezel around the pearl using counts like: 5 1st half of ds, 5 2nd half of ds, 5 1st half of ds, 5 2nd half of ds, CL secure through seed bead.  Continue around motif until you have a ruffle-work bezel, then tat around base with simple doublestitches, attaching to previous work.

I hope you can make sense of the above. I am a bit under the weather and am not at my best today.  If I need to clarify further, please be so kind as to let me know.

I did take some images of the FABULOUS Valdani pearl cotton I just got in.
This is the "Forest Canvas" collection and is made of color #s:  171, 190, 191, 195, 196, 199, 200, 234, 1641, 1643, 1644, & 1645.  I think these are just perfect for the Piney Woods!
This is color #M7 "Fall Leaves".  This may be the thread that is used to make a jewelry piece for the next Piney Woods Give Away event.  What do you think?
These colors are: #M47 "Robin's Nest", #M78 "Copper Leaves", #O533 "Golden Autumn", & #P2 "Olive Green".
And last, but not least, color #M30 "Deep Waters" & #O533 "Horizon Storm"

I am so pleased with these new threads!  As you can imagine, I am going to be very busy this weekend.  I have not forgotten the necklace project- I just cannot seem to get back in the tatting groove with it, but I will plug away at it this weekend along with playing with the new thread!

May you have a marvelous weekend!  Until Monday~
Happy Tatting!

5 comments:

  1. oooooo ... Me likes!!!

    I'm a thread junky... a shuttle (and *tatting* needle) junky and a bead junky!!

    Where do you get your thread??

    Also, on the lollipop motif - I definitely want to try it... I can see a brooch pin out of this

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those Valdani threads. I thought about ordering them, but I resisted the temptation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful motif! Lovely thread. Loving the eye candy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous motif, and beautiful threads, Oh I love the colours, would not know which one to choose next.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete