Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Lollipop Pendant, Part One

I have been playing with the Valdani 100% COLORFAST size 12 pearl cotton again.  This time I am using color #M33 "Lollipop" with a size 8 tatting needle.  You will need 32 size 10 turquoise seed beads.  String all beads onto ball.  Tatting counts and instructions for the foundation round are below the image.
R11 L- (pull up 8 seed beads onto this picot, leave about 1/2 the length of the beads in thread after pulling them up.  This will give you enough room for the remaining Rs.) 11CL RW
CH11 - (with 3 seed beads)11 CL RW
R11+ (before joining, slide 1 seed bead up to the base of the previously tatted R, then join.  You will work the remaining Rs in this manner, giving you a seed bead between each R.) 11 CL RW
Continue until you have a foundation motif of 8 Rs & CHs.
Tie & cut.  This completes step one.  Tomorrow will bring step two if you'd like to tat along.

The Czech buttons are still a work in progress and I have yet to get back to the necklace, but they are on my tatting tray- staring at me.  I just could not get into the right frame of mind for either project today, so I grabbed the first ball of thread that caught my eye and tatted the above motif.

DON"T FORGET:  HALLOWEEN GIVE AWAY DEADLINE IS MIDNIGHT TONIGHT!!!
The winner will be notified first thing tomorrow morning.  To enter, follow my blog by clicking the google "Join this Site" button located to the right just below the poll.  Good Luck!

Let's hope I have a more productive tatting day tomorrow.  Until then~
Happy Tatting!


2 comments:

  1. You certainly create magic with those needles!
    Fox : ))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I'm going to have to check Valdani's threads out again once I recover from my latest purchases!

    ReplyDelete