Monday, March 18, 2013

Pollen, Pollen Everywhere!!!

Celtic Faire
Good afternoon, dear readers!
Yesterday was a lovely St. Patrick's Day.  Hope you've enjoyed the FREE pattern I posted.
 
It has been lovely these past few days, but there is a huge downside to living in the deep South (other than the heat in Summer)- and that is POLLEN!!!  The pine trees have all produced prodigious numbers of "pine noodles" and the pollen is falling from the trees in curtains.  The wind gusts and pollen blankets everything.  Jim and Jocie washed my pretty little red Jeep on Saturday, but you could hardly tell it on Sunday morning.  It had a thick coating of yellow pollen.  As you can imagine, my allergies are truly horrible right now, so if my posts are not as regular or interesting, please bear with me.  I do have some images from our yard you might enjoy:
 
Here is a cute little purple flower in the midst of clover and weeds next to our garden.  Yes, we need to mow, but I like the purple flowers.
 
This black butterfly has some gorgeous blue on the top of it's wings, but I couldn't manage to get in the right spot before it took off from the plum tree.
 
And this is a close-up of a peach blossom.  Our peach trees are starting to burst with blooms.  Let's hope it means we'll have a good crop this year.
 
Well, I am off to take more allergy medicine, curl up on the couch and possibly tat for a bit.  Have a great day & I'll try to have something more interesting on the blog tomorrow.  Until then~
Happy Tatting!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


3 comments:

  1. I envy you in the garden of flowers and blooming trees. We thought this afternoon 5 cm of snow ..... I miss flowers. I look forward to tatting from you.
    I'm sorry I do not speak English, I use a translator :-)
    Frivolenka Czech Republic, Central Europe

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a pretty little flower. I am sorry you are having to deal with allergies, they are no fun. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden must look lovely with the fruit tress out, peaches we can't grow them here, although we do grow apples (for cider of course), pears, plums are the main crops in the UK. My garden is still suffering winter we woke up to snow on sunday morning although it did not last and snow is forecasted on and off all week. Oh for some warm weather and for spring to start.
    Hope you are feeling better and you managed to tat a little yesterday.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete