Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Vintage Brooch Enhancement, Part One

Good morning, dear readers!
I enjoyed hearing about all of the holiday projects you've got going.  At the moment, I am actually working on a little something for myself.  Remember the wonderful vintage Juliana brooch I found in hunter orange?  Well, I am keeping that beauty for myself and am in the process of enhancing it with tatting.  Here is the primary foundation round:
 
 
I used Valdani Luxury Pearl Silk in S49 "Subtle Elegance".  It took quite a while to get each perimeter navette enclosed with tatting.  Now to add additional rounds and accents of pearls and Swarovskis.  I plan to get this one finished fairly quickly as it will look great on the sweater I'm wearing for Thanksgiving! 
 
What are you doing for Thanksgiving, dear readers?  We are planning to have a nice, traditional Southern Thanksgiving dinner.  I'll be serving turkey, collard greens, homemade rolls and cornbread, sweet potato pie, candied carrots, corn-on-the-cob, and sweet tea with mint.  After we rest a bit from gorging ourselves, we plan to take in a movie. 
Are any of you planning to shop on Black Friday?  I avoid the "sales" and "specials" like the plague.  My refuge is the Atelier.  Whilst everyone is running around to get the best deals, I am ensconced in my tatting chair, sipping gourmet hot cocoa and tatting to my heart's delight.  Yes, I am one of those people who has already done ALL their Christmas shopping- it was finished in August.
 
Well, I am ready to get on with the tatting.  Hope you have a marvelous day full of creatitivy.  Until tomorrow~
Happy Tatting!
 


6 comments:

  1. That is going to be a gorgeous broach. I like the outline looks like it is sitting out in the snow.
    Thanksgiving sound yummy.
    We will be at the neighbors on the day and with our kids on saturday. Since I am not cooking, who knows exactly what we will be eating. but it is all good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see your brooch finished!! :)
    As for Thanksgiving...I have 2 this year. One for our church family on Sunday, and one for our family on Thursday and so I will be busy. We have a large meal on Thursday and then clean up and the UNO "war" will begin(we play the UNO card game for hours-with a bit of a change to the game). :)
    Then hopefully I will get to tat the rest of the weekend. :)
    Enjoy your cocoa, I am making my newest homemade cocoa for Thursday-almond cocoa. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your brooch will look gorgeous,
    We don't have thanksgiving in the UK, but it sounds like a Christmas dinner here in the UK with the turkey and all the trimmings, I hope enjoy your thanksgiving
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  4. This will be a stunner for sure! What colour sweater will you be wearing?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't even imagine where you anchored the chains! The outline is perfect!

    Fortunately DH and I are invited to two dinners - on Thursday and Friday. No cooking or cleanng involved. For that I am VERY thankful! Then the next two weekends (Dec) I'll be at two tatting events with our group.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will be with family -- we will have cornbread dressing with mom's fried chicken, mashed potatoes & gravy --- yum, yum. Then the family scrabble tournament will commence.

    Your brooch will be gorgeous for Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete