Monday, November 5, 2012

Autumn in the Piney Woods

Good morning, dear readers!
 
Hope y'all had a wonderful weekend- ours was great.
This is my favorite time of year.  The temperatures are cooler and my Piney Woods are ablaze in glorious color.  Jim and I took a number of walks in the woods and enjoyed the scenery.
 
 
As you can see from the image above, there was much in the way of artistic inspiration.  Such lovely colors and textures to spark new tatting ideas!
 
After I composed the image collage, I went to the Valdani site and perused their wonderful pearl cottons.  So many are perfect for this time of year.  They perfectly reflect the colors in my Piney Woods that I love to use for my one of a kind tatted art.  Here is my suggestion for those of you who have asked for artistic advise:  Go out and look at the colors around you.  Take some images with your digital camera or phone, then go to the Valdani website and see what thread colors strike your fancy.  Let me know what colors particularly appeal to you!  I really want to know!!!
 
Jim is off today & tomorrow so we will be doing various family activities.  I do plan to get in a fair bit of tatting later, but right now Lily Fey is giving me one of her "looks" and Jim is sitting at the dining table very expectantly.  Guess I'd better get Mr. Grumpy Britches his coffee and take Lily Fey on her run.  Have a great day & until tomorrow~
Happy Tatting!
 
 


3 comments:

  1. I am often amazed at the time your posts are posted. we are in the same time zone, but I can't imagine taking a dog for a run in the woods at 6 am. up here in ND you couldn't see your hand in front of your face at that time of the morning, so I would worry about running into something.
    have a safe and pleasant jaunt.
    (p.s. or are you writing this last night and just posting now?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning, LadyTats! Yes, I post early in the mornings. I'm lucky that my husband keeps a couple of short paths near the house well cleared and slightly lit with solar lights. The morning jaunts are not very long, but help me clear my mind & prepare for the day ahead whilst giving Lily Fey a chance to take care of her "business". She refuses to "go" in the yard- which I'm very thankful for! Plus, Lily keeps watch for anything that would be a problem. Not much around here would care to have a run-in with a 125lb. American bulldog!

      Delete
  2. It must be wonderful to live in a wood and be able to walk your dog every day, unfortunately my dog died just before we got married and as at that time we both worked a dog was out of the question, I did tell my husband that if anything happen to him he would walk out of one door and a dog would walk in the other. He said one day when we both retire we might have a dog, ha ha I can't see that any time soon I would love a dog to dog all that wonderful exercise and fresh air, not that I would be walking it as early as you, I live in a village but even here in the UK its not safe to walk around at night/early hours of the morning.
    I hope you and your husband have a great day together.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete