Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Garden Work

Shabby Vintage Bridal
Good afternoon, dear readers!
 
I have been busy harvesting goodies from the garden and putting them up.  Here is what I've put up today:  creamed corn, snap beans, speckled butter beans, purple hull peas (my fingers are still purple from shelling), squash, and okra.  We also picked a couple quarts of blueberries this morning.  I think I'll use them in a cobbler tonight.
 
 
Pictured above are tomato blooms, pinto bean blooms and a small squash & squash blooms.
 
This time of year I may have to take a day or so at a time to keep up with the garden chores.  I will try to get the purple off my fingers so I can tat this evening.  We love purple hull peas, but they sure do leave a residue on your fingers when you shell them!  Well, if you're in my neck of the Piney Woods, stop by for supper.  We're having chicken dumplings, speckled butter beans, homemade biscuits, blueberry cobbler and sweet tea.
 
 I'm off to see about getting the purple off my hands.  Have a wonderful day & be looking for a special blog post Friday!  Until tomorrow~
Happy Tatting!


2 comments:

  1. You have a great choice of veg in your garden some I have never heard of, especially the purple peas, We don't have them in the UK.
    Hope you get the purple off so you can tat.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful to have such a productive garden!

    ReplyDelete