Monday, February 13, 2012

Rainy Day in the Piney Woods

It has been a dreary, rainy day in the Piney Woods. 
But there was a wonderful surprise in the mailbox!!!
LadyShuttleMaker sent me a skein of her hand dyed silk thread to try and I can hardly wait to tat with it.


The thread is called "Witches Brew" and is just gorgeous!  Check out Sherry's Etsy shop for her wonderful selection of hand dyed threads, ceramic shuttles and beautiful tatting patterns.  Here is the link to her Etsy store.  Many thanks, Sherry, for the beautiful thread!  I anticipate a lovely evening playing with it.
The antique MOP shell buttons pictured with the silk thread are a couple I picked-up this weekend whilst antiquing with my husband.  They are a little larger and I feel they need to be the centers of a couple of elaborate doilies.  What do you think?

Well, the kettle is singing so I best go make my hot cocoa.  Have a marvelous day and until tomorrow~
Happy Tatting!



2 comments:

  1. Oh my! I found another cocoa drinker!!! :) I sure hope you enjoyed yours! I enjoyed mine!
    The thread is very pretty! And so are the buttons! Can't wait to see the great projects you will make out of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful thread and gorgeous buttons, can't wait to see what you do with them.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete