Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Pearls

What a day!  My aunt (who is recently retired) and I went on a little shopping excursion.  Our mission was to find some bedding, curtains and such for her new apartment.  We were very successful and afterwards made a detour by the bead shop.  This is part of what I purchased:

Pictured in this image are:  stick pearls, colored baroque pearls, dyed pearls of various other shapes, howlite beads, & Czech fire polished beads.  I have a few other goodies, but haven't had the chance to take images yet.  Among my haul are:  Swarovski bicones, seed beads, pendant findings, earring findings and pin backs.

I also raided the yarn store and have a few skeins that will be crocheted into gauntlets and accented with tatting!  The other special find was at Target- a wool felt cloche that will have the tacky fabric flowers removed and replaced with tatting and silk ribbon flowers.  Oh- do I have the projects to do now or what?!?

I am still awating your input, dear readers, for what you'd like the next Piney Woods Give Away Event to be!  Let me know as I need to get things together before the end of the week. 

Well, I had better post this and get myself fixed up before my husband arrives home.  He is taking me out for dinner- I'm too exhausted from shopping to fix it myself!  Until tomorrow~
Happy Tatting!

2 comments: